Guidelines and recommendations in Denmark
In 1997, the Danish Heart Foundation and the Danish Society of Cardiology published clinical guidelines for CR in Denmark (1). The guidelines was recently updated in 2003 as part of new practical guidelines on implementing hospital-based CR (2). The practical guidelines focus solely on rehabilitation of IHD and were prepared to overcome the lack of detailed description of the CR intervention in the 1997 guidelines. The National Board of Health published a 2004 vision-statement suporting CR (3).
The role of CR in treating people with IHD has subsequently in Denmark been mentioned among professionals and has been emphasized among politicians and administrators (4-10).
1. [Rehabilitation of people with heart disease - Danish clinical guidelines]. Copenhagen: Danish Heart Foundation and Danish Society of Cardiology;1997.
2. [Cardiac Rehabilitation at hospitals]. Copenhagen: National Network of Health Promoting Hospitals in Denmark, Danish Society of Cardiology and Danish Heart Foundation;2004 (www.forebyggendesygehuse.dk/pdf/hjerterehabilitering%20Final.pdf accessed 31-5-2004).
3. [Guidelines on Cardiac rehabilitation at Hospitals]. National Board of Health in Denmark;2004. (http://www.sst.dk/publ/Publ2004/Vejl_hjerterehab.pdf, acessed 30-6-2006)
4. Hildebrandt P, Gøtzsche CO. [Acute coronary syndrome. Guidelines for diagnosis and treatment]. Copenhagen: Danish Society of Cardiology;2001www.dadlnet.dk/klaringsrapporter/2001-03/2001-03.htm accessed 22-3-2004).
5. Working Group of the Danish Secretariat for Clinical Guidelines. [Clinical guidelines for the treatment of patients with acute coronary syndrome without accompanying ST-segment elevation i electrocardiogram]. Copenhagen: Danish Secretariat for Clinical Guidelines;2002.
6. Government of Denmark. [Govenrments Programme on Public Health and Health Promotion, 1999 - 2008]. Copenhagen: Ministry of Health;1999.
7. Government of Denmark. [Healthy throghout life - the targets and strategies for public health policy of the Government of Denmark, 2002 - 2010]. Copenhagen: Ministry of the Interior and Health;2002.
8. National Association of Local Authorities in Denmark RaMoF. [Challenges and opportunities - local government finances towards 2010]. Copenhagen: Schultz Information;2002.
9. Klarlund Pedersen B, Saltin B. [Physical activity - manual on disease prevention and treatment]. Copenhagen: 2003 .
10. Cardiac Follow-up Group NBoH. [The future need for revascularization treatment of ischaemic heart disease - including percutaneous coronary intervention]. Copenhagen: National Board og Health;2003.